Debra Moore, Licensed CPA Commonwealth of Virginia
Chief Financial Officer/HR/Sales
- Directed and controlled all financial office functions including payroll, A/R, A/P, HR, monthly financial reporting, state and federal tax reporting, SIMPLE IRA implementation and administration, budgeting, forecasting, and insurance administration.
- Created multi-layered financial system database to track individual job profitability thus improving pricing structure and overall profitability.
- Sold products comprising approximately 25% of total company sales.
- Created and implemented complete Human Resource system including writing employee manual and job descriptions for all employees, designing compensation review procedures and forms, and designing and implementing quarterly bonus allocation methodology. Interviewed and managed hiring/release of all employees.
- Created and maintained company website
Director of Corporate Office Functions/Chief Financial Officer
- Implemented easy-to-use and economical financial system.
- Managed all day-to-day financial and office management functions (Payroll, A/R, A/P, Human Resources).
- Produced financial, organizational planning and personnel reports for federal and state government agencies as well as the company’s top management team.
- Served as special assistant to the CEO in strategic organizational planning.
Vice President of Finance/Chief Financial Officer
- Instituted financial system including payroll, A/P, A/R, invoicing, general ledger, and cash flow management. Controlled all day-to-day financial transactions as well as strategic planning for company’s financial future.
- Obtained necessary licenses from state and federal agencies. Served as company liaison to all lawyers, accountants, stockholders, vendors, insurance agents, and bank representatives regarding financial and insurance matters.
- Served as Secretary/Treasurer on Board of Directors.
Management Systems Consultant
- Defined, managed and completed more than ten cross-company Continuous Improvement projects saving the corporation over $250,000 in two years.
- Taught Structured Writing courses to Senior Management Team including all Vice Presidents, Directors and Associate Directors.
- Wrote, edited, designed and published Underwriting Reference Guide used by company’s 2,000 top-producing agents.
- Produced and managed all quarterly statutory, GAAP and tax reserve data for wholly-owned subsidiary including numerous actuarial reports for the Annual Statement.
- Developed FORTRAN computer program projecting company earnings for all of the company’s subsidiaries. Information produced was used by top management in making acquisition and investment decisions.
- Supervised all interns in Reinsurance Department. Wrote and produced Procedure Manual for all new employee training.
Main Event Management Institute, Houston, Texas
Complete training in Main Event Management approach to the application of Systems Theory in the practice of management for achieving organizational stability and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
Computer Software Experience
- Accounting Packages including QuickBooks, CreativeSolutions, BusinessWorks, Peachtree, MYOB, Quicken, etc.
- Microsoft Office products including Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Money, Outlook, etc.
- Lotus products including Lotus 1-2-3, Approach, Word Pro, etc.
- Various presentation graphics software packages (Illustrator, Photoshop, CorelDraw, etc.) website design programs, and pricing and accounting programs unique to design industries.